Church of Sandvík
The church of Sandvík was built in ‘Á Bø’ in Froðba in 1840. Later, in 1856, it was moved to Tvøroyri, due to the sudden population growth in Tvøroyri. However, the church soon became to small for the growing population in Tvøroyri and local businessmen of Tvøroyri were planning to get a new and larger church. People in Sandvík heard about this plan and saw this as an opportunity to buy the church of Tvøroyri, since it was very inconvenient to go to church in Hvalba for the then growing congregation of Sandvík. The plan was approved and finally in 1908 the church was relocated to Sandvík.
Service is every Sunday at 12am.
Events at Church of Sandvík